Monday 13 April 2015

Question 4 and 5

We decided to film question 4 and five. I've uploaded it to YouTube and embedded it below.

After showing my mum my video response to question 4 & 5 she brought to my attention the way I described the elderly audience. On reflection "elderly people tend to fall asleep" is far too general and so to expand on this comment I would like to say that our thriller would have a rather complex plot that would require an audience's full attention. Typically an elderly audience prefer soaps such as EastEnders, that do not require a lot of concentration as they like to relax and watch these programs in the evening, and then discuss them with their friends. Therefore I doubt our film would appeal to an elderly audience.

As for gender and ethnicity we think that our product would appeal to both genders as it would have some action in it, which often appeals to males and the protagonist is female meaning a female audience may be able to relate to her.  Although we hope our thriller would attract audiences of all ethnicities it is likely that it would be more appealing to white people as it is a independent British film, filmed locally in Chesterfield, which is not overly racially diverse. Therefore the majority of our actors and actresses would most- likely be white.

Of course there is an BBFC rating for our thriller which restricts the audience. Our rating is a 15, for reasons I discussed in a previous blog post.



No comments:

Post a Comment